Sunday, July 22, 2012

Collections

I guess you can call me a hoarder. I tend to collect everything and find it very hard to throw things away!  As a maker I see potential in everything and even in other people's trash.  You know the saying "One man's trash is another man's treasure"!  I tend to pick up stuff from retail stores, thrift stores, family, friends and neighbours.  I take it home and try to decide on what to do with them.  Some things end up being upcycled, others are displayed as they are and the rest are stored away until I figure out what to do with them.  As a collector of various things (books, vintage head vases, milk glass vases and other stuff my husband calls junk) I would love to have a room or an area in the house to display my finds.  Below are some inspirations for displaying collections.  

My collection of Sid Dickens tiles.


xo
Ginna


No comments:

Post a Comment