Thursday, May 24, 2012

***CRAFTY SUPERSTAR - WHIMSY GIRL BOUTIQUE***

"I use mostly precious metals such as sterling silver, gold fill, sterling fill, and sterling plated. Most of my jewelry combines precious metal with Swarovski Crystal or semi precious gemstones. I make necklaces, bracelets and earrings using these materials. Price range - $20 to $100
I also make hand poured resin jewelry and pendants. I can shrink most images and add them to a sterling silver recessed jewelry tray and add resin. Price range - $5 to $25
I make Swarovski Crystal embellished 100% all rubber Brazilian flip flops in adult and infant/ toddler/children sizes. price range - $35 to $105 per pair.
I have always loved sparkly things. When I was 8 I earned myself the nickname "the crow" for my crazy ability to spot something sparkling from yards away! I always raced home after a trip to the dentist with my "loot"....a cheap costume ring with a fantastic, glittery crystal...just so that I could pry the crystal out of the setting and add it to my velvet treasure pouch. My love for sparkly things has not diminished, if anything, it's getting stronger! I love designing and creating jewelry and could easily bury myself in my studio for days at a time if everyday life didn't get in the way! Right now I am happily spending part time hours engaging my passion...but my goal for this year is to complete the certification to become a Certified Gemologist"
Kathryn Rorke

No comments:

Post a Comment