Tuesday, May 08, 2012

***CRAFTY SUPERSTAR - BOOKAS**

Bookas
My Name is Chandra Micom. I’m 32 years old. First and foremost, I’m a mom of a beautiful and special 2 year old son named Griffin. I'm married to a wonderful Belgian man named Jorian ... He is a wonderful support to me and my work. I haven't been sewing very long. It’s been about 2 years. But I always knew I would love it once I got over my fear of the unknown...the sewing machine!! I have been sewing quilts by hand for the past few years, but never tackled anything else because I only could sew a straight line. Then my mother in law came for a visit from Belgium and she is a professional seamstress. She showed me the ins and outs of a sewing machine and my fears were diminished. Ever since then I'’m on my machine every spare minute I can find. I have always loved working with my hands and creating something. I’ve been ‘crafty’ ever since I was little. I loved to color, paint, arrange dry flowers (remember that?!), photography and scrapbooking. Some of these things I still do. But sewing has taken over...something about the hum of the sewing machine that just sets me at ease. The best thing though is the items that I create are for someone to use, keeping babies warm, to help moms feel stylish and help their little ones do the same. So far I’ve only sold my items to friends and family, on Etsy and at a few local small markets.I continue to focus on these small markets as I love the atmosphere and clientele. Hope to see you all soon at the upcoming Crafty Affaire. 

No comments:

Post a Comment